Last Updated on July 1, 2015.
We hope you love using HealthRcovered. This document contains important information that you need to consider before using our site or making important decisions based on our information.
- Please note that we offer the Veritas Health Sites "AS IS" and without warranties.
About the Site
You acknowledge that although some of the content, text, data, graphics, images, information, suggestions, guidance, and other material (collectively, “Information”) that is provided to you on the Site (including Information provided in direct response to your questions or postings) may be provided by individuals in the medical profession, the provision of such Information does not create a medical professional/patient relationship, and does not constitute an opinion, medical advice, or diagnosis or treatment of any particular condition, but is provided to assist you with locating appropriate medical care from a qualified practitioner.
We Do Not Provide Medical Advice
The Information that you obtain or receive from Veritas Health and its employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors or otherwise on the Site is for informational and scheduling purposes only. All medically related information comes from independent health care professionals and organizations. If you submit a medically related question to Veritas Health answers are (i) provided by independent health care professionals and organizations, (ii) for informational purposes only, and (iii) do not establish any patient/doctor relationship.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE AND IN ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM OR PROVIDED THROUGH HealthRcovered HEALTH IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID, OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ ON THE SITE. DO NOT USE THE SITE FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS. IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY CALL 911. YOUR USE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THE SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES IS INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE OR THE PROVISION OF MEDICAL CARE.
We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, doctors, health care providers, procedures, opinions, or other information that may appear on the Site. If you rely on any of the Information provided by the Site, you do so solely at your own risk.
No Doctor Patient Relationship
NO LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED BY USING INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR THROUGH ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM HealthRcovered HEALTH INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE "FIND A PROVIDER" AND/OR LINKS TO OTHER SITES OR ANY ASSISTANCE WE MAY PROVIDE TO HELP YOU FIND AN APPROPRIATE MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL OR SPECIALIST IN ANY FIELD.
WE MAKE NO GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERTISE, AND QUALITY OF WORK OR OTHER INFORMATION HEREIN. FURTHERMORE, WE DO NOT IN ANY WAY ENDORSE ANY INDIVIDUAL DESCRIBED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON SUCH INFORMATION.
We have no control over, and cannot guarantee the availability of any Provider at any particular time. We will not be liable for cancelled or otherwise unfulfilled appointments or any injury resulting therefrom, or for any other injury resulting from the use of the Site or Services whatsoever.
You are strongly advised to perform your own investigation prior to selecting a health care professional by making confirming telephone calls to the appropriate licensing authorities to verify listed credentials and education, and to further verify information about a particular doctor, dentist or other health care provider ("Provider") by confirming with the Provider's office, your current Provider, the medical association relative to the Provider's specialty and your state medical board.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT HealthRcovered HEALTH PROVIDER RELATIONSHIPS AND DOCTOR LISTINGS:
In connection with using the Site and the Services to locate and schedule appointments with medical professionals, by using Veritas Health Services you understand and agree to the following:
- YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR CHOOSING YOUR OWN PROVIDER.
- Veritas Health selects Providers to be listed on the Site pursuant to a contractual agreement with the Providers.
- In addition to a contractual agreement, Providers must pay a fee to Veritas Health in order to appear on the Site.
- Veritas Health, will provide you with lists and/or profile previews of Providers who may be suitable to deliver the health care that you are seeking based on information that you provide to Veritas Health (such as insurance information, proximity to your geographical location, and specialty of the Provider). In an effort to aid in the discovery of Providers and enable the maximum choice and diversity of Providers who participate in the Services, these lists and/or profile previews may also be based on other criteria (including, for example, Provider availability, past selections by and/or ratings of Providers by you or by other Veritas Health. users, and past experience of Veritas Health users with Providers); but Veritas Health (i) does not recommend or endorse any Providers, (ii) does not make any representations or warranties with respect to these Providers or the quality of the healthcare services they may provide, and (iii) does not receive any additional fees from Providers for featuring them through the Services.
- Veritas Health uses reasonable efforts to ensure that Providers only participate in the Services if they hold active medical licenses and all certifications necessary to practice any specialty of the services offered by them to patients, and who remain qualified to participate in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Veritas Health may also exclude Providers who, in Veritas Health's discretion, have engaged in inappropriate or unprofessional conduct.
- What Does "Verified by HealthRcovered" Mean?
- Veritas Health uses reasonable efforts to ensure that Providers only participate in the Services if they hold active medical licenses and all certifications necessary to practice any specialty of the services offered by them to patients.
- Veritas Health reserves the right to exclude Providers who, in Veritas Health’s discretion, have engaged in inappropriate or unprofessional conduct.
- Veritas Health verifies the following:
- The Spine Professional's name and contact information.
- The Spine Professional's license is active in his/her practicing state.
- The Spine Professional's license is free and clear of any restrictions which would prevent him/her from practicing.
- Specialty Spine Professionals licenses are checked and verified by a recognized affiliate of ABMS or the appropriate Chiropractic Regulatory Board. ABMS is a primary source of board certification for board certified physicians.
- PRACTITIONER INFORMATION: Provider and practice information found on Veritas Health is intended for general reference purposes only. Provider information found on Veritas Health websites is both self-reported, by the Provider and/or office staff, and collected from multiple other data sources that may not be confirmed by the Provider. Such information changes frequently and may become out of date or inaccurate. Neither the Site nor Veritas Health provides any advice or qualification certification about any particular Provider. Our relationship with Providers in a particular area is based on criteria we establish. You are encouraged to independently verify any such information.
- EDITORIAL CONTROL DISCLAIMER: We make the Site available as a service to consumers and Providers for the purposes of providing an informative and educational resource. We may, but have no obligation to, have Information posted on the Site reviewed by the Site’s editorial personnel. It is important to note, however, that the timeliness and accuracy of any or all of the Information is not guaranteed. Neither the authors, the editorial personnel, nor any other party who has been involved in the preparation or publication of this work can assure you that the Information contained herein is in every respect accurate or complete, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such Information.
- You are encouraged to independently confirm the Information contained herein with other sources and to seek the advice of a qualified physician.
This is an Agreement between Veritas Health, LLC ("Veritas Health"), and "Linking Party", the individual or entity who agrees and accepts the following terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- "Linking Party" means the responsible party of the website linking to Veritas Health at the URL designated by Homepage URL.
- Veritas Health Website" means all websites owned and operated by Veritas Health, LLC, HealthRcovered.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com and Osteoarthritis-health.com.
- OWNERSHIP, IDENTIFICATION & USE
- Linking Party acknowledges that Veritas Health retains all right, title, and interest in and to the "Veritas Health" trademark and all associated goodwill. Linking Party represents and warrants that it will use the Veritas Health Materials solely as provided in this Agreement, and will not use the Veritas Health Materials in any manner that will diminish or otherwise damage Veritas Health's goodwill in the Veritas Health Materials. Linking Party agrees that all use of the Veritas Health Materials will inure to the benefit of Veritas Health. Linking Party shall promptly notify Veritas Health of any suspected infringement of or challenge to the Veritas Health Materials. Veritas Health shall have the sole right to, and in its sole discretion may commence, prosecute, or defend, and control any action concerning the Veritas Health Materials.
- As between Veritas Health and Linking Party, all right, title and interest in and to all trademarks, copyrights, design, look and feel, including without limitation the "Veritas Health" trademark, content, graphics and other materials of any type appearing on or in the Veritas Health Websites and all technology related thereto (the "Veritas Health Materials") are owned by Veritas Health, LLC and subsidiaries
- QUALITY CONTROL
- Linking Party agrees to maintain the quality of the Linking Party Website such that its content and activities conducted on such website remain current, in good taste, compliant with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and appropriate for users of Veritas Health Websites. Linking Party will not violate or infringe any right of any third party in connection with the operation of the Linking Party Website.
- UPDATES AND CONTACT FROM HealthRcovered HEALTH
- From time to time, Veritas Health may modify and its’ subsidiaries, update or otherwise change URL's and/or the content and the way it is displayed on its website without prior notice to Linking Party.
- INDEMNIFICATION FROM LINKING PARTY
- Linking Party agrees to indemnify, defend (at Veritas Health's option) and hold Veritas Health and its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees, harmless from and against any and all liability, damages, losses, expenses (including attorneys' fees and expenses and allocable costs of in-house counsel), claims, demands, suits, fines or judgments, and costs and expenses incidental thereto, which may be suffered by, accrued against, charged to or recoverable from Veritas Health or any of its affiliates, or any of their respective officers, directors, agents or employees, arising out of or resulting from: (i) a claim that the Linking Party Website, or any other materials (tangible or intangible) provided by Linking Party to Veritas Health and subsidiaries hereunder or any portion or use thereof, infringes or misappropriates any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark or other proprietary right; or (ii) claims regarding the performance, nonperformance, or defect in performance of the Linking Party Website or items found on or through such website, or any statement, misstatement, representation or misrepresentation made by Linking Party.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- IN NO EVENT WILL HealthRcovered HEALTH BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE HealthRcovered HEALTH WEBSITE WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT HealthRcovered HEALTH IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. HealthRcovered HEALTH WILL BE LIABLE TO LINKING PARTY ONLY FOR ACTUAL DIRECT DAMAGES UP TO US$1,000.00.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
- HealthRcovered HEALTH'S WEBSITE AND HealthRcovered HEALTH MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN 'AS IS' BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. HealthRcovered HEALTH, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY (I) OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS, OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR (II) ARISING FROM COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING, OR USAGE OF TRADE. HealthRcovered HEALTH MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS OR TIMELINESS OF THE CONTENT, SERVICES, TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS, OR COMMUNICATIONS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH USE OF THE HealthRcovered HEALTH WEBSITE OR HealthRcovered HEALTH. HealthRcovered HEALTH DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT THE CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE HealthRcovered HEALTH WEBSITE SATISFIES GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS REQUIRING DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION ON PRESCRIPTION DRUG PRODUCTS.
- TERM AND TERMINATION
- Veritas Health may terminate this Agreement immediately if the other party has failed to perform or abide by any of its obligations under this Agreement.
- Veritas Health may, in its absolute discretion, immediately terminate this Agreement if it determines that Linking Party or Linking Party's Website would or would tend to: (i) violate or infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties, or any other law, court order, governmental regulation or other ruling of any governmental agency or entity; (ii) subject Veritas Health to any liability; or (iii) jeopardize Veritas Health's ability to protect its rights or its property in the manner it deems appropriate.
- In the event this Agreement is terminated, Linking Party must immediately cease all use thereof and cease all linking to the Veritas Health Website. The provisions of Sections 3, 5, 6, 7, 8(c), 9 and 10 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
- No Entitlement. Linking Party is not entitled to share in and has no claim to any subscription, advertising or other revenues Veritas Health may realize in connection with the Veritas Health Website.
- Equitable Relief. Linking Party acknowledges that a breach by it of this Agreement may cause Veritas Health irreparable damage that cannot be remedied in monetary damages in an action of law. In the event of any breach that could cause irreparable harm to Veritas Health, or cause some impairment or dilution of its reputation, Veritas Health shall be entitled to an immediate injunction, in addition to any other legal or equitable remedies.
Use of Content:
Veritas Health works to ensure that all the content on its websites are in compliance with applicable U.S. copyright laws. However, in the case of works on the Services authored by parties other than Veritas Health, you may wish to check their copyright.
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar data gathering and extraction tools on the Services, except with Veritas Health’s express written permission. You may not decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through Veritas Health, insert any code or product, or manipulate the content of Veritas Health websites in any way that affects the user's experience.
If you want to reproduce or use content for any purpose or in any manner other than as described above, you will need Veritas Health's permission. Requests should be directed to admin@HealthRecovered.com.
Electronic Contracting and Notices
Choice of Law and Dispute Resolution
Regardless of the jurisdiction in which you work or reside, this Agreement is made in the State of Illinois, and shall be construed and enforced in accordance with Illinois law without giving effect to the state’s conflicts of law statute. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA") Privacy Rule may apply to any health-related information you provide to Veritas Health and in which cases federal HIPAA Privacy Rule govern.
ANY ACTION ARISING OUT OF THIS MATERIAL OR ANY ACTION TO ENFORCE THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE BROUGHT ONLY IN THE FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS PRESIDING IN CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, U.S.A., AND YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO BE SUBJECT TO THE JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS. AND SUCH AGREEMENT IS AN EXPRESS CONDITION TO USE HealthRcovered HEALTH WEBSITES.
Outside the United States
Veritas Health, its’ sites and the related products and articles are controlled and operated by Veritas Health from its offices within the United States. We make no representation that the products on our sites, the services provided on our sites or the editorial information on our sites is appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. Your access to this information is prohibited services where Veritas Health website content, products or services is illegal. Those who choose to access this from locations outside the United States do so of their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.