I do not have pain in my hip anymore, not that I have noticed anyway. As far as I have been told that is the only place they take it from or they use bank bone, which I have also got due to a 2nd fusion in april.
Hi butterflye18, I hope you make the correct decision for yourself. In my case a small health care clinic(I call them 7/11 medical clinics)doctor took xrays and sent me to PT. After a few weeks of complaining about numbness in my arms to the PT, I decided on my own to go to a good hospital ER. They did a CT, a MRI, and told me I was lucky to be alive because of the PT. I talked to 3 NS that day and was told I needed surgery ASAP. My surgery was 4 days later. My ROM is poor, but my plate goes from c3-c7. I will pray for you.
GOD BLESS ALL
You said titanium implants..you mean the plate right? Did you do hip bone or bone bank? I woud like to have motion just like you.
Did you do specific excercises? let me know.
I hate to say the same as everyone else but it is different for each of us. I like you tried to play the "do I really need it" game for a bit. My decision was made after having mri's two years apart with twice the damage as before. I knew when the dr told me now or suffer more permanate damage it was time. So I scheduled it and then second guessed myself up until the day! Our minds are great things but can really confuse us sometimes.
Anyway best of luck to you in your decision process. It is a hard one and one only you can make with the best information possible.
I also wanted to say and kind of ask...my neuro won't take bone out of female hips...he says due to bone thinning later in life of females. So I have cadaviar (sp?) in my multi. Has anyone else heard of this with their drs?
my surgeon did implants no bone in three levels . i have great motion so far and i'm sure once the pain is less it will be almost full.i'm sure in the states there not doing that many levels yet.
I am female and the doc took bone out of my hip. Maybe my doc didn't think of that though, I would thank your doc for thinking about your future and possible problems it may have caused for you.
If you have a choice for surgery, choose ADR over fusion.
Not possible for multi level (3 level)
Just wanted to let you know what I am doing. I will be fusing C5-6 and C6-7. The NS will be using small Cages (they look like little springs) in place of the disks. The tiny amount of my bone that comes out from where the screws and plate will be placed is ground up and put in the cage for fusion. My surgery takes place in September.
Activity modification for foraminal stenosis. If patients are not unduly troubled by foregoing a few activities and are not in a great deal of discomfort, choosing to live with the condition is a reasonable option. Delaying or avoiding back surgery is not dangerous, and back surgery may always be considered at a later date.
I found that here:
Personally,I would only have surgery as a last resort...I say this because I've already had operations in the double digits and each one takes it's toll on the body.I have similiar symptoms to yours-thumb is numb,fingers tingle,shoulder hurts.I also have a lot of neck pain and other symptoms..went to my OS this past Tuesday and he rec. keeping up with conservative treatment.Of course we are all different and I wish you luck.
It's a tough decision.