New Artificial Cervical Disc Clinical Study

Welcome to HealthRcovered’s Neck Pain patient community. You can also read doctor approved Neck Pain Articles and watch the Neck Pain Video.
15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hapylady
Title: Member
I jsut took the study online

I jsut took the study online and was declined.....I am having surgery this Fri the 30th of Jan...c5/6 and c6/7 ACDF....so I am not sure what this study is about.....maybe because I have already been dignosed or that I am trying to get permanant disibility....but anyway....it declined me and I have everything they asked for as far as symtoms and pain....and daignostic....but thanks anyway for the link...I am scared and dont want the surgery but have to have it since my disc are compressing my spinal cord....

Hapylady Pam

advertisement
Azad Different
Disc Protrusion at C5/C6 Level

This is disappointment that I haven't been to gym for 4 weeks now. I felt some pain during a shoulder workout - military press almost six month ago which got better in few days and I was back to gym. Just 4 weeks back, again training shoulders, I felt some serious pain in my neck as I lifted the bar. I stopped training right at the moment, left the gym and hardly drove home. First few nights it was horrible as I couldn't sleep properly, I wasn't able to find a comfortable position to sleep because pain was there all the time. Now after 4 weeks it's got a little better, at least I can sleep for few hours but as I wake up I have pain in my left arm with tingling and numbness down to my thumb the entire day. My arm feels week and it's keeping me worried that I can do almost nothing with my left hand. During this period I have researched a lot and I'm almost convinced to go for a surgery (disc replacement). I'm 25, very active with good sports background including martial arts and bodybuilding. This is my first time writing on this forum and it's just a final try before I finalize my decision to go for surgery as I am afraid of the consequence of it if left untreated, like permanent damage to nerve or something. Any encouraging information/comment to help me continue with this situation without surgery would be highly appreciated and if you had surgery, please share how has it helped you get back into your normal activities including gym/training.

Thank you.

budnob
New Artificial Cervical Disc Clinical Study

This is good. I am hoping for the success of each treatment study.

PAIN can CHANGE you, but NEVER let it DEFINE you.
Treat arthritis pain

samra2015
Neck Pain

Hi I have my neck pain that runs from my left shoulder to the left side of my head for more than six months now. It started with some kind of stiffness. I cant bend for so long my head forward and backward for more than 2 weeks so I and my husband decided to go to a chiropractor. After my first visit ,the second night i have this severE headache and when i touched at the back of my neck i found this jelly soft thing. I got panicked , so we decided to visit my chiropractor and told him what i found out at the back of my neck and the headache. In short i went over with him 2 more times and still the pain is unbearable and the soft thing at the back of my neck didn't come off. So I and my husband decided to run to emergency and they did an x-ray and CAT scan. They said they don't find any broken bones except there was a little bump at the back of my neck but has no relevance accordingly. They prescribed me with muscle relaxant and neproxin but the pain didn't go. My primary doctor recommend me to see an orthopedic but when i went there ,the orthopedic didn't help at all, he recommend me to do an MRI. I had my MRI but accordingly the MRI didn't show any problem on my neck. I have this pain for more than 6 months now and I feel its getting worse. I feel like a pinch nerve on my left side of my neck that runs from my shoulder blade,neck,and my left side of the head. I still have that soft jelly donut at the back of my neck. I cant turn my head both sides and bend it forward and back . I tried all the exercise and it gives me an excruciating pain. The MRI said there is no pinched nerve, no herniated disc. I'm very disappointed, I'm in pain but they cant diagnosed the problem.

Pages

advertisement