5 months Post OP, tingling back

Welcome to HealthRcovered’s Neck Pain patient community. You can also read doctor approved Neck Pain Articles and watch the Neck Pain Video.
5 posts / 0 new
Last post
DeniseO_o
DeniseO_o's picture
Title: Member
5 months Post OP, tingling back

One level ACDF was on May 20th. Recovery was a breeze and things have been great. But as of this week I'm getting tingling again in my arm and hand. Not severe, but it's here.

When I went into surgery the arm symptoms were not happening because I had a successful Selective Nerve Root Block. So I'm not even sure if surgery took this away or not. Could be the SNRB wearing off....but I thought this was part of the point of surgery?

This could be coincidental but when you dealt with this in result of your disc injury prior to surgery, it's hard not to get discouraged. If it continues I'll make an appointment with the NS.

Anyone else experience this?

advertisement
dilauro
dilauro's picture
Title: Moderator
Its not all that uncommon for some of the old

pain/tingling/numbness to come back after months.

Could be due to a number of reasons. I think looking back at most folks, its a by product of feeling real good and start to do just a little bit
more each week. We still have to remember we had cervical fusion surgery and it takes time.

When things like this happened to me, I would generally hold out about a week or so just to see how the new symptoms develop. If after a week, they are not worse and getting little better, chalk it up to a flareup But after a week or so and the pain is still the same or increasing, I think calling your doctor might be in order.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Moderator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences.

DeniseO_o
DeniseO_o's picture
Thanks, the thing I've been

Thanks, the thing I've been doing out of the ordinary is carrying my toddler! I better stop that...

ACDF C6/C7 on 05/20/15
...and it was the best decision of my life Smile

DeniseO_o
DeniseO_o's picture
It must have been a flare up.

It must have been a flare up. Took a muscle relaxer for the first time in forever and the symptoms went away. Today I'm having slight (very little to none at all) and I haven't medicated. I'm gonna watch what I lift, kid included, and see if that helps.

ACDF C6/C7 on 05/20/15
...and it was the best decision of my life Smile

dilauro
dilauro's picture
Title: Moderator
Denise

That is good to hear.
I know it has to be very hard not to want to pick up your little one. Perhaps try a different way in picking him/her up and then a different way to hold so it wont put strain on your neck.

But always be aware of the different things you do, its amazing what can cause a flareup

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Moderator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences.

advertisement