Chronic Pain Treatment Step by Step

Welcome to HealthRcovered’s Chronic Pain patient community. You can also read doctor approved Chronic Pain Articles and watch Chronic Pain Videos.
24 posts / 0 new
Last post
JAM661
Title: Member
Response to terror 8396

First of all Mr Terror 8396 I never said that I took 300mg of Oxy a day. MS-Contin is ER Morphine. Because I have very good pain control with the medication I do not need lollipops of fenatyl or oxy or any other type of break though pain medication. 100mg of MS-Contin is considered equal in strength to 80mg of Oxy. The strongest dose in pill form for Oxy is 80mg with MS-Contin it is 200mg .Both drugs are usually taken every 8 - 12 hours so they are usually prescribed 2 or 3 times a day (not 4 like you are taking) The 160mg of Oxy is about the same strength as 2- 100mg MS-Contin pills. When you start adding your lollipops of Fenatyl which is the strongest medication you can get and you add everything up you maybe taking even stronger medications then myself. Of course in your eyes that must mean that something fishing is going on and you are self medicating or your doctor is a quack. I have been going on this site for a few days now and the one thing I have noticed over and over is your condescending and judgmental comments especially if someone is new to the group. But you know what? I did not go on this site to be criticized or to be judged by you or anyone else or for me to do the same thing. Instead I came on this web site to share some of my experiences and to read about others who are in the same boat that I am in. My comment about the increase of surgery has a lot to do with the Laser surgery clinics that are cropping up all over the place. Places like FL have made it almost impossible for Chronic pain patients to get the medication they need. While it was important to crack down on some of these clinics it is hurting the legit patients. It not unusual for someone to go to 20 different pharmacy's trying get the medication they need. Another thing that is happening is those pharmancy's that have the medication will not take insurance. Laser surgery clinics have cropped up all over the place with ads everywhere with promises that after surgery there will be little or no pain and your life will be back to normal (with a picture in the background of some playing golf). When people are hurting and not get relief they will do anything. Most of these clinic again do not take any insurance. Now I know Laser surgery can help many but there are doctors that are out there who are taking advantage of those who are really hurting so they can fluff up there pocket books. The bottom line is medication dosing is not the same for everyone. There are some great doctors out there but there a lot bad ones to.

advertisement
terror8396
terror8396's picture
Title: Member
300 morphine is a large dose

300 morphine is a large dose because i used to take only 200 which was a big dose. i must have hit a nerve it you are bothered by my comments. you need to read the rules about posting and what is accceptable and not.
jon

I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.

dilauro
dilauro's picture
Title: Moderator
I have to close this post

The objective of this post was to document the steps in dealing with chronic. This came after reading many posts from people who do not know what steps to take, who to see, etc.

Now, this is becoming a thread to discuss items that have nothing to do with the original thread.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Moderator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences.

Pages

advertisement
Topic locked